Sales — New and Refurbished
- New: All makes and models of Laser Printers, Copiers, multifunction and Fax Machines.
- Refurbished: Broad range of colour and black & white Laser Printers, credits for trade-ins.
- fully guaranteed
- delivery included
- free installation and set up.
- Loaners: Free use of printers under our Managed Print Services program.
- Free Printers: Periodic promo offers of FREE printers — check our Current Promotions.
- Printers should be routinely maintained-usually twice a year to ensure optimum performance and extend their operating life.
- Proper maintenance involves a number of restorative and preventative measures such as cleaning, inspecting and/or replacing fuser and separation pads, feed rollers, transfer guides, registration assembly, gears and rollers, and thoroughly cleaning any build up of toner or paper dust throughout the printer interior and exterior.
- These measures are incorporated in a checklist which is completed by the service technician and signed by the client. See the checklist below
- Qualtec charges $39/monochrome printer for its cleaning and maintenance service which is performed on site.
- Qualtec charges $59/colour printer due to the complexity of these printers and the additional cleaning required with four versus one print cartridge.
- Despite regular maintenance printers occasionally fail, requiring expert diagnosis and repair or replacement of various drivers, controllers, motor assemblies etc.
- Qualtec provides a free help line for remote diagnosis and troubleshooting of many common printer problems. When a visit is required, Qualtec charges $79/hr plus parts for its repair service, performed by our certified technicians.
- Most repairs can be completed in an hour however if the printer must be removed to complete the diagnosis and repair-a free loaner will be provided.
- Often the cost to repair a personal or small commercial printer or to replace a consumable component such as a drum or fuser exceeds the value of the printer. In these cases we will always advise the customer against proceeding and will recommend a suitable replacement printer-new or refurbished.
LASER PRINTER PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
- Check print quality
- Record Page Count
- Record Total memory resident in printer
- Clean or replace fusing assembly cleaning pad
- Inspect and remove debris from separation pawls
- Remove accumulated debris from lower delivery area
- Apply fuser roller cleaner and conditioner for fuser rollers
Feed Roller and Transfer Area
- Clean and inspect feed roller and remove any debris as required
- Clean and inspect transfer guide
Registration and Feed Guide
- Remove debris and wipe feed guide assembly
- Inspect and lubricate drive gears
- Clean and inspect registration roller
- Remove build-up toner from registration assembly's cover
Additional Service Points
- Remove all dust, paper fibre and toner using toner vacuum
- Remove grime from exterior of printer
- Application of anti-static treatment to exterior of printer
- Verify print quality and operation